"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : Shopping Cities

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Shopping Cities

Which is your shopping city?

Who wouldn't love to go on a shopping tour of the world? If you could, which city would you start with? With fashion month recently coming to an end I have been pondering which fashionable city could be considered my shopping Mecca. I have been lucky enough to visit and shop in all four cities, New York, London, Milano and Paris, plus some others that are not included in Fashion Month (my hometown Toronto isnt too shabby). Each city is equally amazing for their own reasons but there is usually one city, one vibe that you can identify best with. 

New York: Growing up in Toronto New York was always the closest spot for cross boarder shopping. NYC has always had everything, all the big fancy department stores, and Fifth Ave with every high end designer imaginable. Now they also have Topshop and Joe Fresh, the more affordable stores for those of us on a budget.

London: Harrods and the high street, Topshop, River Island, Sophia Webster, don't make me list all the drool worthy designers and collections available in the UK right now. When I lived in the UK I used to have to refrain from spending my grocery money on clothing from Topshop. Its a dangerous place.
Milan: Because its just too much fun, even if I cant afford most of it. There is so much eye candy, so many designer boutiques, and a great selection of high street too. Zara over in Europe is exceptional compared to what we have here in Toronto. Not to mention Miu Miu, Moschino, Gucci and Versace, all my friends are here. AND you can grab a perfect cappuccino at a cute cafe, or a gelato to cheer you up when you realize you cant afford Pucci and Versace.

Paris: Paris is the perfect place to window shop. Also you can visit historic stores, I'm talking like the home of Chanel and Louis Vuitton.

Dubai: Not on the Fashion Month circuit, but somewhere I have shopped before and cant exclude from this post, Dubai! If you cant find something to buy here you're crazy. Looking for an air conditioned way to pass the time in Dubai visit one of the many malls, malls and more malls.  The Dubai Mall is my favorite mall of all time. That mall has everything from an aquarium, indoor ice rink and a crazy musical fountain that will bring you to tears. I cried and I am not ashamed to admit that the Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion song brought me to my knees. 
These days a fashionista can find just about anything in Toronto, from David Yurman, to Tory Burch and Burberry and Versace, any designer your heart desires. And with most online shops now shipping to Canada us Canucks are set (even if Moschino STILL doesn't ship here, but lets not get into that).


Speaking of shipping, sometimes there is that item you just cant find in your home town, no matter where you live. You may be craving something from far, far away, something nobody has, and something everyone will want once they spot you with it. That's where one of my favorite online shops comes in. Farfetch, ships internationally from over 300 boutiques so that you can shop in London, Paris, Milan of Tokyo without visiting the air port. 

Far Fetch offers up designers such as Marc Jacobs, Kenzo, Valentino, Chloe, Moschino and much more. They also currently have a fun quiz available so that you can find out your Style City. You can check out their site here -- www.farfetch.com and try out the quiz via the widget below. Comment below and let me know what your shopping city is!

2 comments:

  1. A shopping tour of the world sounds amazing! I can only dream of window shopping in Paris. I've done plenty of window shopping in NYC though!

    Ashley
    Sunday Brunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well explained. I would like to say that it is very interesting to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete