"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : The Roundup: Favorite Lipstick Brands

Friday, October 3, 2014

The Roundup: Favorite Lipstick Brands

sephora lipstick









3 Lipstick brands I love














Over the past few weeks I have been rounding up some of my favorite beauty buys. In case you missed it, check out the 3 products I run to when I only have 10 min to get ready, and my 3 beauty life savers from the past weeks. This week I'm sharing me 3 favorite lipstick brands.

Lipstick has become an obsession of mine since I ditched lip gloss entirely several years back. After years of spending my day constantly re-applying gloss and worrying that its suddenly "caked" I decided to let JLO be the reigning queen of the glossy lip. I have also mentioned a gazillion times on this page that I don't wear make up on a daily basis but I found that keeping a few bright, bold lipsticks stashed in my purse can make a huge difference in case I ever want to look "made up". 

Though my typical hoarding habits I have accumulated A LOT of lipstick, and I have also begun to play favorites. These 3 brands have come out on top time and time again. Take a look and try them out for yourself.

Enjoy and happy Friday! 

1. NARS Satin Lip Pencil Nars is constantly coming out with new shades of these amazing lip pencils and there is also an entire matte line. Dragon Girl Velvet Matte is by far my favorite. Also, I am usually not one to to give in to the up-sale, but the NARS lip pencil sharpener is a life saver. I found other sharpeners didn't do the trick and they could also ruin the pencil so for $6.00 its a no brainer if you want a perfect soft and sharp tip to your pencil.
nars matte lip pencil
nars pencil sharpener
2. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine YSL Beauty has several lipsticks but Rouge Volupte Shine is the one that stole my heart. Its claim to provide hours of hydration is not a fib. This lipstick leaves your lips soooo soft and the color is quite intense, and its shinny. NOT glossy though, never glossy ;) 
ysl shine lipstick
3. Lovemarc Lip Gel - Marc Jacobs Beauty This stuff is like butter for your lips. I'm licking my lips just thinking about it. And no that's not because I'm pregnant and the thought of butter excites me. Described as a "gel" for a very good reason it glides on your lips so smoothly and also contains Vitamin E. It totally lacking of any sticky or stinky properties. And the packaging is brilliant, with a small magnet to make sure the lid doesn't fall off in your purse. 
lovemarc lip gel

No comments:

Post a Comment