"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : Long Weekend Style Guide

Friday, August 1, 2014

Long Weekend Style Guide

  I scream, you scream, we all scream for long weekends! 



If you're currently sitting in your cubicle counting down the seconds until the start of this long weekend and your mind is drifting from spreadsheets to cute summery outfits (or maybe you're like me and you pre plan your cute summery outfits in a spreadsheet) why not join me for a little discussion on what you should wear this Civic Holiday whether youre boating, drinking on a patio or camping  in the wilderness.
I don't own a boat, but when I do own a boat I am going to make sure that anyone who steps foot aboard the "Queen Jenny" is wearing stripes, linen and all things nautical. Only big hats and sunglasses suitable for celebrities are permitted. Or you're not allowed on my boat OK! If you're boating this weekend be it on a Yacht or a speed boat try to incorporate some of these items into your wardrobe and I guarantee you will feel more French Riviera than Lake Ontario.

1. FIND straw hat $555 

2. Phone case available from BRIKA

3. Alex and Ani charm bracelet

4. Honey & Bloom bag available from BRIKA

5. J Brand denim shorts $190

6.J.Crew striped linen pants $90 

7. Prada round frame sunglasses $310

8. Stack of Alex and Ani charm bracelet's 


Hanging out on a patio, drinking beer or wine can be a tough way to spend any long weekend. If you plan on doing just that this weekend please be equipped to do so in style. There is nothing worse than being caught in an impromptu photo shoot with friends over drinks without a cute outfit on. Also, a drool worthy, conversation starting iPhone case never hurt anyone.

1. Raquel Allegra cotton blend jersey top $230

2. MICHAEL Michael Kors mini dress $150

3. Valentino pointed toe patent leather flats $995

4. Splendid stretch jersey maxi-dress $115

5. J.Crew stripe cotton scarf $70

6. Moschino chocolate ice cream iPhone cover $85

7. Le Specs round frame sunglasses $65


I'm camping this weekend,which I choose to call Glamping, so that I totally don't let myself go for three days. I don't necessarily pack my Prada's but I like to bring along sturdy items that keep me warm OR dry in the case of rain, and also that serve a functional purpose and look cute at the same time. Because I like to impress my dogs.

1. CLU hooded satin jumpsuit $330 
  
2. Nike Free mesh sneakers $110 

3.Zoe Karssen bat print jersey track pants $145

4.Marc by Marc Jacobs floral print twill backpack $200 

5.Band of Outsiders embroidered sweatshirt $327

6.Manitobah Mukluks

7.DIESEL watch from WATCHIT

8.Current/Elliott printed cotton track pants $200

9.Titika Active Wear shorts

10. Karl Lagerfeld cotton baseball cap $70


No comments:

Post a Comment