"https://nothing2wearnovello.com/" nothing 2 wear : The Round Up: June 7, 2013

Friday, June 7, 2013

The Round Up: June 7, 2013

Happy Friday!

We are only two weeks away from the first day of summer. Yippy! The only issue is, its freezing and rainy here in Toronto. So lets pretend I live somewhere warm like say....ANYWHERE ELSE, and make believe that I have to battle the affects of heat, humidity and sunshine.  

Sooo, here I am in sunny MIAMI, FLORIDA (that's better) and the weather is hot, hot, hot. Not to mention its super humid, ugh. I am quite concerned that my color treated hair is already suffering from all those trips to the beach on the weekends. Whats a girl to do?

My top 3 issues are 1. Frizz due to high levels of humidty 2. Damage from heat and sun 3. That uncomfortable feeling of hair sticking to the back of your neck on the super warm days

1. Fight frizz due to humidity: I previously lived in the UK, so please trust that I understand humidity and the affects it has on your hair. The key to preventing epic frizz failures is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!  If your hair is not properly hydrated and you further torture it with a blow dryer, then step out into a humid climate, say bye bye to whatever style you had five min before.

My recommendation is simple, use a natural, high quality styling product before applying any hear to your tresses. I live for Phyto products so here I have shown you their Daily Ultra Nourishing Botanical Cream.
Available at Sephora, this particular product is so lightweight and you only need a teeny tiny bit to do the job. One tube lasts forever because a little goes a long way. I only use it when I am going to heat style my hair, it is not my daily leave in conditioner. 

2. Protect your color treated hair from sun and heat damage: Ojon products work well and smell oh so good. The Ojon secret is a combination of ginseng, lemongrass and honey, which earns bonus points for being a refreshing summer scent. Ojon Rare Blend Protecting Treatment 
Ojon heat protector
I like this one because it doesn't make my hair greasy. Make sure to shake it well before use as it does tend to separate when left to settle. 

3. I just cut my hair last week (more on that later) but prior to that my hair was really bringing me down. My solution was to tie my hair up in a pony tail or messy bun day after day, after day. The only good thing that came from that was I discovered these super cute "ouchless" hair ties from Anthropologie. Not just important for people with gross split ends who haven't colored their hair in 10 months, these cute hair ties will keep your hair off your neck and out of your face in the heat : Cute hair ties from Anthropologie



Anthropologie hair ties

How cute are they? I feel slightly less guilty tying my hair back when the colorful and sparkly tie peaks out around my pony tail. 


So, now that I shared my summer hair woes I would like to know what issues do you deal with when the temperature rises? 

As usual please share below. And make sure to have a fantastic weekend :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I must try that Ojon treatment it sounds wonderful and I like that it will protect my hair from the sun. Get on a plane and come to Vancouver the weather has been perfect!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete